What?

A blog recording the thoughts of a mum of one who does a lot of voluntary work because it's more fun than resuming her career and is a bit worried about the state of the nation.

Sunday 12 December 2010

Sarah Palin read my blog

I am still not doing too well when it comes to the technical aspects of having a blog. I have moved on slightly from the early days when I had no idea where to find it again each time I wanted to hold forth and had to google, but, since being accepted into the British Mummy Blogging Association a couple of weeks ago I have realised that I have a long way to go. Quite apart from Cath K backdrops, beautiful photos of hoar frost overlaid with whispy writing and offers of free make-up, other bloggers have all sorts of extras, such as statistics showing that people have actually visited their blog, usually many times from the UK and a few times from Benin and North Korea.

After delving into the tabs at the top I finally found a page that showed a couple of URLs and a map of the world with the USA and Alaska shaded in. This seemed to indicate that, possibly, someone had looked at Big Soc. Banshee (twice). For one brief moment of insanity I thought "One of each? But I don't know anyone in Alaska except....and I imagined Sarah Palin and her daughter Bristol, during a break from moose shooting, gathered round the laptop in matching hockey jerseys..." But quickly I realised that this was not likely because Sarah Palin is a very busy mom and political leader with no interest in what sort of Christmas Tree I will be buying.

Probably the tab was referring to the servers on which Big Soc. Banshee is hosted. Let me hope fervently that they have no connection with Wikileaks because I have so far failed to work out how to back up my ramblings even by printing them out. Were it all to go down now Big Soc. Banshee would sink without trace almost unread. I have not yet got to the stage of sending out the jolly Xmas email mentioning O-so-casually to a few people that I never see that they can read my thoughts, now and then, on Blogger.

But it is only "almost unread", because one amazing thing has just happened. I have acquired a follower! I find the whole idea of "followers" delightfully evocative of knights on horseback and pageantry and other Philippa Gregory-like images. My follower is "Very Bored in Catalunya" - but even a bored follower is massive when you have previously been unfollowed. I'm not sure of the etiquette about followers, so I will just say "I salute you Bored One and will follow you also - even unto the end of the blogosphere"!

4 comments:

  1. LOL, for your salute I shall tweet this post on twitter and I'm sure more followers will arrive very soon, although I can't promise SP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol.so my blog isn't on blogspot but with a bit of effort i can still add my icon. so there : TWO followers.
    you will soon find out that you don't want more followers but COMMENTERS on your blog, and for that, there is only one way : go, read blogs and comment yourself. or have a really big family.
    you have a well established blogger on your follower list (not me) and i hope you will find that blogging can be a lot of fun.
    there are a lot of 'semi-pro' (mummy) bloggers out there, and they will come out with well timed, well advertised posts on a greatly designed blog. i don't like to judge a book by it's cover and like to discover different people, your little profile blurb lets me think you are an interesting person. so tell us all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just discovered youre blog, thanks to the links on British Mummy Blogger. I love what you're writing about and you can count me in as another follower ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great blog, you can't do much better than Very Bored in Catalunya - she's a queen amongst bloggers.
    Loved the ex-husband post. I've read your blog and not commented, don't know why, anyhow, am commenting now and I am so not Sara Palin. I also read about Mrs Tiger mother - shame on her husband is all I can say - take some flipping responsibility.

    ReplyDelete